A few weeks ago, I went to a birthday party and wore this black strapless jumpsuit from Ashley Stewart. I haven't worn anything like this in years because I always thought that I wouldn't look sexy and that my arms would look horrible. I'm very self-conscious about my arms because I grew up in a household with a mother who is plus sized and very subconscious about having big arms. But, I sucked it up, put it on, and headed out to the party like I owned the place. Despite my hesitations and having to regroup with more flattering underwear, I felt pretty good in the outfit and quickly learned that I don't have to dread going out because of the "nothing to wear" drama. I just need to take the time to buy things that I will feel sexy in and go for it. I posted my look on facebook and got a lot of good feedback....a great confidence booster!
No comments:
Post a Comment